I have a Ph.D. in clinical and counseling psychology (Utah State University, 2015), and close to 20 years of experience providing support to people and couples who are either in experiencing a religious faith crisis, or who are leaving their religious traditions.
While I dearly love coaching, I am taking the next year off of one-on-one coaching to write a book. I will, however, be participating in faith crisis workshops, retreats, and events over the next year – which many find to be incredibly useful. You can find details about them here.
My wife Margi, is an amazing life coach who specializes in healing and support amidst many of life’s transitions. Margi’s areas of emphasis are: Health and well-being, marriage and relationships, conscious parenting, religious transition, identity develoment, and grief. To inquire regarding coaching with Margi, please see here.
While I strongly recommend coaching and/or therapy, I have worked hard to provide a number of free or discounted resources to provide you with the support you need. These resources include:
- The Gift of the Mormon Faith Crisis Podcast – 60+ hours of free coaching/therapy dealing directly with faith crisis issues.
- Mormon Stories Podcast – Hundreds of hours of stories to support people in faith crisis.
- Mormon Faith Crisis Workshops/Retreats – Weekend workshops and retreats to support people in faith crisis – MUCH cheaper and much more effective than individual coaching.
If you are on a tight budget, and have not had the chance to watch/listen to these resources, I highly recommend that you do. You may very well discover that you don’t need coaching or therapy after all.
Note: Coaching is NOT the same thing as psychotherapy. Before reaching out, please read this document to understand the main differences between psychotherapy and coaching.
In general, faith crisis and religious transitions coaching involves coaching across various domains including:
- Religious faith crises and transitions. This includes:
- Developing new approaches identity, purpose, morality, spirituality, and community after a religious transition.
- Learning to more effectively communicate with believing family and friends.
- Couples coaching wherein one or both are struggling with issues related to a religious transition, including:
- Dealing with differences in matters of faith.
- Improving emotional intimacy and strengthening the relationship after a religious transition.
- Raising healthy children after a religious transition.
- Effectively dealing with ecclesiastical leaders, ward/community members, and extended family and friends after a religious transition.
- Navigating an LGBT identity during and after a religious transition.
Rate: My coaching rate is $200/hour.
Payment: I accept cash, check, credit card, or paypal transactions as payment. Payments should be made in advance of the scheduled appointment unless otherwise arranged. I do not accept insurance claims.
To contact me, please email me at: email@example.com or text me at: (435) 881-5809.