In an effort to provide additional support to Mormons struggling with the difficulties of a faith crisis, at a more affordable price, I am partnering with Margi Dehlin (certified life coach) to launch an online faith crisis coaching group.Â During my Ph.D. training, I received 6 years of training on co-leading therapy and support groups, and have found them to be reliably more effective than one-on-one therapy and/or coaching.
The topics that will be covered in the group include:
- Navigating a Mormon faith crisis.
- Effective parenting during and after a faith crisis.
- Healthy marriage/relationships during and after a faith crisis.
- Communicating with believing family and friends.
- Positive mental health during and after a faith crisis.
- Rebuilding your identity/life after a faith crisis.
- Processing grief during and after a faith crisis.
- Healthy sexuality during and after a faith crisis.
These groups are for couples AND individuals.Â Married or single.Â All ages.
The benefits of the online group include:
- Two Coaches: Margi and I working together as a coaching team.
- Convenient: Because the coaching group is online, you never have to leave your house.
- Confidential: Group coaching is completely confidential – all participants will sign a non-disclosure form.
- More Effective: Group coaching and/or therapy are often more effective than 1-on-1 coaching/therapy, because you get the added benefit of:
- Speaking with and learning from others in your similar situation (e.g., support, friendship, community)
- Using the group as a sounding board
- Receiving support and motivation from other group members
- Allowing you and other group members to model/practice the concepts and skills learned in the group
- More coaching time: The online group coaching sessions will be 1.5 hours/week, instead of 1 hour.
- More affordable: Online group coaching is significantly more affordable than 1-on-1 coaching.Â One month of group coaching costs the same as an hour of individual coaching, and you get 6 hours of group coaching each month.
- Facebook Support Group: Free admission to a secret Facebook support group for group members, where folks can share their experiences and support each other in a safe environment.
Available Slots: We plan to start the first group with 20 people, so slots will be limited.
Cost: The initial cost of joining our Faith Crisis Coaching Group is:
We look forward to working with you!
John and Margi Dehlin